There are two ways to submit compositions for publishing review:
- By e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail to: OCP Music Submissions, 5536 NE Hassalo, Portland OR 97213
The publisher cannot assume responsibility for manuscripts that are damaged or lost en route. You should always retain the original copy of your submitted composition. For your protection, we are unable to accept submissions at events or via fax machine.
OCP can accept no more than THREE compositions for review in any 6-month period.
All submissions should minimally include the following four elements:
- Cover Letter: A brief cover letter including contact information describing composer background and brief description of the works submitted for review
- Manuscript: If submitting music as a Finale file, please review the Finale Input Guide. A PDF document is also acceptable. Mailed submissions, if handwritten, must be legible, DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS. OCP is unable to return submissions received for review. Computer generated manuscripts are preferred
- Song Text: Please include a document of the song’s text. In addition, if the song is set in a language other than English, you must include a literal translation
- Copyright Information Form: Download and complete the form
Upon receipt of a composition, OCP will forward an acknowledgement letter or e-mail (dependent upon your submission method). Feel free to contact us after six months to inquire about the status of your submission. You may withdraw your work from review at any time.
Please read our list of frequently asked questions as you prepare your submission for review. Should you have specific questions about submissions and the review process do not hesitate to e-mail email@example.com.